Woulda, Coulda, SHOULDA:
- Should have fired FBI Director Comey day one in office and taken the heat.
- Should have fired Mueller after it became clear his staff were pro-Hillary activists and Obama holdovers and taken the heat. Would have prevented Manafort, Stone, Flynn, and Cohen from being entrapped and arrested and the ensuing impeachment trial.
- Should have asked Sessions not to recuse himself during the fake Russia Probe and taken the heat. Sessions was a good man but lost his mettle.
- Should NOT have trusted Rosenstein’s recommendation of Chris Wray for the FBI Director position as he was a Comey crony. Ted Cruz, Jim Jordan, or Trey Gowdy would have been a better choice.
- Should have fired Assistant A.G. Rob Rosenstein when he heard of his plan to wear a wire to frame him. That was no joke.
- Should have made up to McCain somehow before the vote on repealing Obamacare. Maybe promised him a carrot or two.
- Should have brought Julian Assange back to the U.S. for questioning on Podesta’s hacked emails to prove that Russia didn’t hack them. Not too late.
- Should have demanded a complete investigation into the execution style murder of DNC employee, Seth Rich, who was suspected of hacking them.
- Should never have endorsed Mitt Romney as senator. He’s a snake in the grass, a fly in the ointment, i.e a Judas. Even today he comes out against commuting Roger Stone.
- Should have never shut down the whole country for two weeks based on false models and Fauci’s recommendation. Just required that seniors stayed home until pandemic was contained, nursing homes banned from outside visitors from day one–only caretakers with complete protective equipment allowed inside, all cruises shut down. But hindsight is 20/20.
- Should not have approved the $600 bonus a week in unemployment benefits as it is a deterrent to returning to work.
- Should have recommended face coverings and social distancing earlier on despite Fauci’s pooh-poohance.
- Should have had a briefing on covid only once a week, not every day with scarf lady and Fauci. It only added fuel to the fear of going back to work.
- Schools and colleges should never had been shut down just senior-aged teachers asked to remain home until pandemic was contained and safety measures enacted in schools.
- Should have intervened on D.C. and New York’s rioters, arsonists, looters, and statue topplers with the National Guard, tanks, teargas, and taken the heat.
I think Trump has these regrets and/or mistakes but will think twice before relying on “expert opinions” from swamp dwellers like Rosenstein and Fauci. He will use his common sense and intuition first like he did when he commuted Roger Stone’s sentence despite A.G. Barr’s disapproval and when he shut down travel from China and Europe and took the heat. “Taking the heat” seems to work in his favor despite the media’s temporary outrage. Besides, Barr ain’t the president neither is Cuomo or Fauci. When Trump kowtows to the media or public opinion, it never benefits him; and I think he’s finally realizing it. In his second term, he will take the bull by the horns.
Other than the aforementioned biggest regrets, he’s done a lot of good for the country but needs to Make America Great Again, Again. He needs to avoid touting his past achievements prior to covid, like the economy, record unemployment records, VA and Military improvements, prison reform, stock market records, trade bills signed, supreme court justices chosen, number of judges approved, etc. Tell the country what you will do in your next term as president. They already know what you did in the last, no need to remind them.
Make some new promises like another tax reduction, maybe a capital gain tax reduction since investment real estate may be selling soon due to BLM and Antifa rioters. People are escaping big cities and investment properties will be hard to rent, thus they will be sold. Promise an Obamacare replacement plan that will get passed if the Republicans take over the House. Promise a legitimate immigration plan if the Republicans take over the House. Promise to continue building The Wall and pass stiffer laws against destruction of monuments, statues, buildings, and streets. Promise a “police protection plan” that every city must comply with together with stricter rules of engagement. Provide a list of supreme court justices again that include more conservative women. Promise to end the “defund police” movement if you win.
We can’t change the past, but we can learn from it. Hopefully Trump won’t be so trusting in his second term. It was his first time in government, and he had no idea the swamp was so deep and so vindictive. Now he knows. He coulda had a much easier first term if he woulda not been so trusting.
“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer” especially in politics. It comes most directly from a line spoken by Michael Corleone in The Godfather Part II (1974).
WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN (Again).